Friday, July 30, 2010

You don't know how lovely you are

Last night after Gatsby and I went for a walk by the river, the bf and I went on a lovely dinner date. We went to a local diner called Pneumatic Diner. I really like this place and hadn't been in a really long time. They have a lot of vegetarian and vegan options. So what did we order? Well we each ordered a dish and shared.
Well it was sort of like that. 
We got the Vegan Bubba sandwich to devour. This baby had marinated eggplant, shredded carrots, spinach, hummus, and I feel like I'm missing something, but anyway it was divine. The bread was seedy and filling too. Just the way I like it. They also provide a side of tortilla chips and salsa with their sandwichs. 
The other dish we got was the Vegan Nachos. They pile black beans salsa, hummus, cilantro, and onions up on this bad boy. I can't really describe how good this is. They do something to their hummus. It tastes extra lemony and yum. 

The bf and I dominated the meal. Plus afterwards we got a vegan chocolate chip cookie to split, just for good measure.

This morning I had some OIACCC. :)
I know the OIAJ phenomenon has swept the web but This is my version (Oats In A Cottage Cheese Container)
1/2c oats 
1/2 c cottage cheese
1/2 c almond milk
Truvia packet 
Sprinkle of cinnamon (after the photo)
Morning snack....repeat alert!
Mini Whole wheat bagel with 1 tbsp almond butter.
Lunch was something old and something new. Damn I forgot something blue.
Same sandwich that's been filling my tummy all week and a new side of green beans, corn, and peas.
I had an apple before my workout and then a mini protein smoothie upon my arrival home.

My workout today was 4 miles outside by the river, but man was it hot! I hate running in the heat but I really didn't want to hit up the treadmill. So my sister walked Gatsby while I ran/walked 2 miles from the car and then 2 miles back. The last mile was basically all walking though because I ran back into the Beetle (my sister) and Gatsby.

This evening calls for some relaxing, watching 24, and maybe starting on the organization of my closet. Have a lovely evening!

Song of the day: "The Scientist" by Coldplay 

No comments:

Post a Comment