Thursday, July 8, 2010

Mmmm Roasted Veggies

Last night after my rejuvenating shower I enjoyed some delicious roasted broccoli and a serving of sweet potato fries. I just recently started roasting my vegetables and let me tell you it makes a world of difference. I think it says a lot that I will pre-heat the oven, even though the weather outside is like an oven. The price I pay for delicious veggies I guess.



Oh and copious amounts of ketchup were included in this mix as well.



I was enjoying some Ari Gold time and realized that I was still hungry. I felt like I needed some protein, and something cool. Hence my Green Monster attack. Into the blender went:


½ a frozen banana
1 cup Vanilla Almond Milk
2 handfuls of spinach
½ a scoop of vanilla protein powder
1 spoonful of chocolate powder
5 frozen cherries
1 Truvia packet
All enjoyed in a bowl…with a spoon. I like to imagine it’s ice cream.



Here’s the new orange kitten. Yes, he’s eating my running shoe. Isn’t he a sweetheart. He kept me up sporadically throughout the night. I think today is the day that he needs to sleep in the living room. I am in desperate need of a solid night’s sleep.


This morning I woke up a little exhausted. So much so I slept through my alarm. The bf had to come in and remind me that I had to be somewhere. Oops. Got ready quickly, watered the plants, feed the cats, and out the door.
Breakfast was this oatmeal diddy.





½ c old fashioned oats
5 strawberries
1 c water
1 Stevia packet
Microwaved away while I poured my delicious cup o’ joe into my cup o’ Ariel.
Plus my cup of water and multi-vitamin and Fish Oil pills. What a way to start the day.
I departed from the office around 8:45 for my sweet, sweet run. Flat ground this time. I did about 3 miles in thirty minutes. The Garmin will correct my inadequacy.


Then it was snack #1 time. I was hot and craving something sweet and watery, hence my grapefruit extravaganza. Oh and more delicious Truvia. I think I’m sensing a pattern of obsession.





I was starving by the time lunch came around and was a repeat offender. I tend to try and pack up enough lunch supplies for the work week at the beginning of the week and then use them to create versions of the same meal. Sorry if that’s a little boring.


In the mix:
Sliced Apple
Oroweat Sandwich Thin
Sabra Hummus
Tofu
Carrots, Cukes, and roasted red peppers.
Followed by a Dove dessert treat.


My afternoon snack was the rest of my Fat Free Cottage Cheese with a spoonful of Trader Joe’s Almond Butter mixed in. It’s a salty, protein rich delicious excuse for a snack.





I was going to go to the gym but alas the bf and I decided to go see Eclipse. TBD if it was a good trade-off

No comments:

Post a Comment