Friday, July 9, 2010

Eclipse...blah

Well as it turns out, Eclipse was a horrible movie. This is just my opinion, but really it was horrible. Trust me. I had heard good and bad things about it, but it turns out that I’m erring on the side of bad. I felt like it was slow paced, bad acting and waaay too many make-out scenes. O well. It’s behind me now.

After the movie the bf and I headed to a nearby restaurant, Silver Peak. It’s one of the few places in Reno where you can sit outside and enjoy your meal. Of course because of this, it is hard to get a seat outside because everyone wants to be there. So we sat inside and it was still lovely. This restaurant brews its own beer and they are rather tasty I must say. However, I wasn’t really in the mood for one. Maybe Eclipse left me feeling sour. Hunger was overtaking our souls and so we ordered some Black Bean Nachos as an appetizer. I had about 30-40% of these I’d say.



Then our entrĂ©es came. I ordered a Turkey Feta wrap. This isn’t really what it’s called on the menu but I can’t remember the exact name. It came with Tzatziki sauce and I ordered that on the side. Good thing because I discovered that I didn’t like it. The wrap was just alright, I was hungry and so I ate the entire thing.  I also ate all of the fruit on the side except for a few apple slices.



When we got home from dinner the bf and I introduced Oliver and Zeppelin (our cats) to one another. It was the most adorable thing you’ve ever seen in your entire life, they absolutely loved each other! I am so glad. Except this morning I woke up and couldn’t find Oliver in the rest of the house, he’s so small! I hope the bf finds him before he frolics off to work.

Work arrived and I enjoyed some more delicious strawberry, cinnamon, old-fashioned oats.


½ c oats
Sprinkle cinnamon
5 strawberries
About a cup of water
Plus some delicious coffee in the Ariel mug. I put 2 packets of Truvia and about 4 tbsp of fat free half & half in there.
Mid-morning snack was an Oroweat sandwich thin with a thin spread of almond butter plus an organic apple. Delish! I was still really hungry so I ate it fairly early…at like 9:30.




On a different note, my sister and I have decided to run a half-marathon in San Francisco on November 7th. I just found the training plan and I’m afraid it’s rather intense. I really would like to beat my previous half-marathon time though (2:12) and at least be able to tackle those S.F. hills with dignity. There’s a pre-plan before the actual 12 week plan so I plan to start that on Monday. Man lots of “plans” in there.
Pre-plan, for 5 weeks…


Mon.
Tue.
Wed.
Thu.
Fri.
Sat.
Sun.
Pre-
Train
Off
3M
5M
3M
5M
3M
7M


Then the real plan…


Week
Mon.
Tue.
Wed.
Thu.
Fri.
Sat.
Sun.
1
Off
4M
6M
4M
6M
3M
8M
2
Off
Fartlek
(5M)
3M
5M
6M
3M
9M
3
Off
5-6 Hills
5K-10K pace
3M
6M
6M
3M
10M
4
Off
Fartlek
(5M)
3M
6M
6M
3M
8M
5
Off
4-5 Long Hills
5K-10K pace
4M
6M
6M
3M
11M
6
Off
6 x 880s
5K-10K pace
4M
7M
7M
4M
8M
7
Off
3 x Mile
5K-10K pace
4M
7M
7M
3M
12M
8
Off
6 x 880s
5K pace
5M
7M
7M
4M
9M
9
Off
4 x Mile
5K-10K pace
4M
7M
7M
4M
14M
10
Off
6 x 880s
5K pace
5M
8M
8M
5M
15M
11
Off
5M
5M
8M
7M
4M
8M
12
Off
4M
4M
6M
4M
3M
RACE DAY
·        The distance in parentheses below fartlek runs includes a mile each of warmup and warmdown, in addition to your fartlek sessions. Don't know what a fartlek is? Check out our page about "The Runner's Building Blocks".
·        Whenever you see a pace denoted as 5K pace or 10K pace, this refers to the speed at which you estimate you could run a 5K or 10K on that given day.
·        When you read "4-5 hills," that means you should do 4-5 repeats at 5K pace on a hill about 150 or 200 yards long. Long hills should be 400-600 yards long. If you find it too tedious to run repeats on a single hill, you can also find a route that incorporates the same number of hills, as long as the route is not very long.
·        When you read the notation "4 x 880s," that means you should run four repeats of 880 yards each (two laps on the track). The pace below tells you how fast you should run them. For 880s, give yourself 2 minutes of rest between intervals; for 440s, give yourself 1-2 minutes.

I got this from www.coolrunning.com. I’ll of course write about how the training is going via blog posts. Wish us luck! Sorry I can't make it bigger!

For lunch I went with a few co-workers to a place I’d never heard of or been to before: Plum Good. It was quite good. I ordered a small salad with tomatoes, mushrooms, peas, and baked tofu mixed in. I had oil and vinegar as my dressing and a slice of Squaw bread on the side. I wasn’t sure what kind of bread that was but I was intrigued by my lack of knowledge and so I ordered it. It was very good. It tasted like wheat but a tad sweeter. I dipped it in some leftover balsamic after I demolished my salad.



This restaurant was next door to a Great Harvest bread company so I took the opportunity to go inside and check it out. I tried two samples of bread and asked if they had any more Dakota bread. No go. So I will need to go back with the bf sometime soon. It was also good to stop by because I realized that they aren’t open Sundays. Bummer.

Afternoon snack was some strawberries (about 12). I didn’t want them to go bad and they were almost to that point. I sprinkled some Truvia on those babies as well. Ain’t that sweet!


I’ve been sort of slacking on my weight training this week which bums me out because I know how good it is for me. I hate feeling like I have to cram in three sessions later in the week and on days right next to each other as well. Since I put together my running plan starting Monday I am going to commit to weight training on MWF. As long as I start it right at the start of my week, things usually go smoothly, but this week was a little out of the ordinary. I will also be taking a rest day today from the gym. Why…because I want to shop instead. Plus I feel like the schedule I’ve laid out for myself for the next few months in rather intense. Goal: complete said program glitch free!

No comments:

Post a Comment