Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Chickpea Madness!

So I haven’t felt so hot the past few days, therefore, I’ve decided to forego the gym. I feel better today than I did the previous two, but I think the gym is still a no go for me today.

To back track, last night the bf and I met one of our friends to celebrate her birthday. How did we celebrate? Well we went to all you can eat sushi of course! The restaurant was called Ijji. I ordered three different long rolls and yes I ate them all. There are three foods I have a bottomless stomach for: sushi, pizza, and ice cream. Really healthy right?


This morning I simply needed another Venti iced coffee from Starbuck’s. Any other substitute just wouldn’t do. I think I may need to do something about this addiction.
Breakfast was some OO (Overnight Oats). I hadn’t prepped them the night before but I left my “supplies” at work and so I made them first thing and then let them sit for about 45 minutes. It was actually quite a perfect system.
No little berry! Stop trying to run away!     
                   I’ve mentioned this before but it’s worth mentioning again I suppose, I also take a multivitamin and two fish oil tablets in the morning. A multi-vitamin to be safe, and Fish Oil because by golly Michael Pollan says it’s a good idea.
Snack #1 was a little diddy I thought up all by myself. I’m quite resourceful like that. I had my last sandwich thin toasted with a thin spread of cream cheese and a cut up apricot on top. It was ok. I actually would have preferred to have the fruit on the side and just eat the sandwich thin and cream cheese separate. You live, you learn I suppose.
Lunch was a delicious sandwich on my Great Harvest bread. In the mix:
2 slices of bread
¼ of an avocado
2 stripes of roasted red pepper
2 slices of roasted eggplant
A serving of turkey lunchmeat
Plus a side salad with some balsamic dressing.
Afternoon snacks were a 100 calorie bag o’ popcorn and my last slice of bread with my last bit of turkey and the last bit of cream cheese lightly inside. I won’t be in the office for lunch tomorrow and so I thought I’d clear out some “last little bits” in the refrigerator.
Sooo since I didn't go to the gym I thought it best to go home and cook in bulk. I have been wanting to make Angela's Jiffy Curry Chickpea Burgers, and I had all of the ingredients so I embarked.
1.5 c cooked chickpeas
1/2 c oats
2 carrots
1 tbsp olive oil
1.5 tsp cayenne pepper (I didn't have curry)
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 tbsp sunflower seeds
1/4 c pumpkin seeds
So it's slightly different, but not really.
All together now!
Blend Baby Blend!
Add chickpeas..
Once blended, add sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds. Mix.
Form into patties and bake! I made five patties and baked them for 20 minutes each side.

Now the question is...what am I having for dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment