Sunday, August 8, 2010

i tremble, they're gunna eat me alive

Let me just start by saying that today's food choices have been epic.
But forst we must revisit last nights dinner. It was delicious as well. I mean who couldn't love tomatoes with sea salt and another concoction. I'll call this one "Pizzafied Cauliflower". It consisted of about 3 cups of cauliflower, 1/2 c organic marinara sauce and a laughing cow. They melded together in the microwave...end result: perfection. I suppose you could use other cheeses too if you'd like. I just so happen to love laughing cow on pretty much anything.
I woke up craving some "out of the house breakfast". That's what I call the "I don't want anything in my fridge" excuse. So I met the Beetle at a local cafe, Emerald City. The Beetle's latte has a design, I love it!
It makes my straight up coffee look a little sad. Whatev.
Sorry for the blurry pic, but I ordered a fruit salad and a breakfast cookie. The fruit salad had cantaloupe, pineapple, green apples, strawberries, honeydew, almonds, and a yogurt sauce. 
The breakfast cookies are a force to be reckoned with. I'm not sure of exactly what makes up this heaven on earth delicacy, but I do know I ate it slow.
The bf and I decided to try a new joint for lunch. It was called Wasabi. I can't even explain how fresh this food was. I swear they had a portal to the ocean in their kitchen. Needless to say I ate a little too much, but it was soooo worth it. I was starving after my workout and wanted rice and fish to fill my tummy. So then it was full. Then things were good.
The bf was quite impressed with their dinner menu.
Then I got home and decided baking cookies was a must. You see the weather felt like Fall to me. When it feels like Fall I want to bake pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. So I did. It's as simple as that.
Here's the recipe and instructions, straight from my recipe book. The only changes I made were 1) I used egg white instead of a whole egg because it's what I had, and 2) I had no vanilla extract so it was missing in action. I also used white chocolate chips because the bf loves
You will need the following. (As you can see this is really no where near a health food.) Life happens.
See...not a health food. Just roll with it.
Dry Ingredients.
Mixer action.
Am I weird if I think this is oddly beautiful? Yeah I like the smell of gasoline too. I'm that girl.
Just a quick taste test.
Approved. Now add the chips o' chocolate.
Yeah my first batch was a little burnt.
But I had a lovely taste tester present. He told me all was good in the hood.
Second batch was much better!
Of course I tasted quite a few as well, then took Gatsby for a walk for good measure.
This clearly wiped him out. Good thing we bought him a fancy dog bed. Money well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment