Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sunburn is karma for forgetting my camera


Ok I failed yesterday. I had every intention of bringing my camera to the beach in Tahoe and taking some glorious photos, but I forgot it in the car. 
I did have a fruit and yogurt parfait, hash-brown and coffee from McDonald's though. It was ok I suppose.
Before heading up to the beach I did grab some Food Should Taste Good Sweet Potato chips, Stacy's Parmesan and Garlic Pita Chips, and some Greek Hummus for the beach. It was quite the delicious lunch/snack. The bf and I did some reading, laughed at other people's dogs, and got our fair share of sunburn. Fail again.
Later that evening we were invited to a Reno Ace's baseball game. Fun times. 
I had never been to a baseball game prior to last night and so it was a whole new world. 
We enjoyed some Blue Moons, hot dogs, potato chips, and chicken tenders. Healthy: not really. But it was a fun evening. 
See what I mean about sunburn though!
This morning I rose up and made a light breakfast:
1/2 c fat free cottage cheese
5 strawberries
Drizzle of sugar free syrup
Plus coffee in my other Ariel mug
I headed off to the gym and did 35 minutes on the elliptical and 25 on the bike. It felt glorious after taking all last week off. I swear I have no idea what hit me last week but it is very unlike me to take that much time away from the gym. I also grabbed a Muscle & Fitness Hers magazine while working out. I found a really sweet strength training schedule that I'm going to do along with my 1/2 marathon training. 
When I got home from the gym it was lunch time! I had:
Chickpea burger I made last week
left over roasted veggies
Then Trader Joe's was calling my name for a stock up.
I also roasted more veggies...
And then celebrated my new groceries with a green monster.
1 c vanilla almond milk
2 c spinach
1/2 frozen banana
5 frozen strawberries
Truvia packet
1/2 scoop Vanilla protein powder
2 handfuls of ice

Before:
After:
Now it's time to do laundry, sweep and mop my floors, and relax of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment